Thermal Energy International Inc. (TEI) is an innovative technology company providing custom energy and emission reduction solutions. Our award winning energy recovery, conservation and bio-energy solutions provide significant financial and environmental benefits to our customers. We are a publicly traded company with shares listed on the TSX Venture Exchange (TSX) under the symbol “TMG” and are member of the Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX).
Our Ottawa office is searching for a Mechanical Designer to prepare, design and drawings of mechanical and process systems related to TEI construction projects. Your objective will be to assist the construction manager and engineering team and lead with the design and drafting of piping, breaching, electrical, HVAC and other specialty systems that meet TEI standards and the needs of our clients. The Mechanical Designer may also serve as a Project Manager and in this capacity is ultimately responsible for all aspects of project work, including customer relationship management, resource management and the meeting of project objectives and milestones.
- Define and implement Thermal Energy design standards including CAD Manual, standard design specifications and design phase project procedure instructions (PPIs)
- Prepare project documentation including drawings and specifications as required
- Prepare 2D and 3D shop drawings of Thermal Energy equipment
- Prepare drawings for construction including system P&ID, equipment and piping layouts, installation details
- Complete field surveys of existing building conditions and provide as-built drawings
- Attend coordination meetings and coordinate design with other engineering disciplines
- Interface with clients, contractors, internal and external engineering resources to coordinate project design and implementation
- Participate in site tours with contractors during bid period and assist with the review of tenders / bids
- Attend site meetings, perform site visits, prepare site visit reports and deficiency reports
- Prepare addenda, site instructions, contemplated change notices and review C.C.N. pricing as required
- Review shop drawings, progress draws, record drawings, maintenance manuals and proposals
- Interpreting existing layout drawings and P&IDs
- Provide direction to team members when needed and coordinate with your team members
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the engineering team
If you have the following qualifications and are looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity, we would like to hear from you.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in mechanical design and drafting is desired. Graduates are encouraged to apply
- Proficient and computer literate including proficient MS Word, Excel and email skills
- Expert drafting and drawing management skills using AutoCAD platform
- Fluently bilingual candidate (French/English) in both verbal and written communication forms is an asset
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant building and other relevant codes and standards
- Working knowledge of ductwork, pipe sizing and design
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment
- Ability to travel and work in Canada and internationally
This is a 1 year contract with the possibility to become a full time position with a professional, growing company in a fast paced environment. Normal work hours are 9:00 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday. We offer competitive salary, health and benefits plan.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.