We help hospitals save money by reducing their fuel bills while also lowering their greenhouse gas emissions. Our proven solutions can increase the efficiency of your heating and steam system to as much as 95% with typical project paybacks (for our combined technologies) within three to five years.
Boiler Plant Optimization via Recovery of Waste Energy
15% to 20% of the energy used in a boiler plant is lost up the boiler stack. Thermal Energy’s FLU-ACE heat recovery technology effectively recovers this waste energy and uses it to preheat a heat sink – this could be water for your space heating, domestic hot water, boiler feed water, or outside air heating.
By replacing the existing load with our recovered energy, many hospitals have been able to prove savings of 20% on their fuel bills.
Condensate Return System Retrofits Featuring GEM Steam Traps
Our GEM steam trap technology can typically provide a 10% reduction in fuel costs. GEM steam traps have no moving parts and are customized to meet your hospital’s unique needs. Our venturi orifice designed steam traps are durable and require virtually no maintenance – providing years of trouble-free service. In fact, we offer a ten-year “no fail” performance warranty.
- Annual gas savings of £300,000 and instant payback through shared savings
- GEM steam traps help orthopaedic hospital save £51,000 annually
- GEM steam traps provide hospital with rapid payback of under 2 years
- GEM steam traps retrofitted for hospital laundry, saving £11,800 annually
- Heat recovery system reduces hospital's boiler natural gas consumption by 30%
- Heat recovery system reduces hospital's fuel consumption by up to 20%
- Flue gas condensing economizer provides orthopaedic hospital with positive cash flow from day one
- Heat recovery system reduces hospital's CO2 emissions by 7 tonnes a day