Food and beverage
Thermal Energy International has helped 570 manufacturers in the food and beverage industry save more than $72 million in energy costs and reduce their greenhouse gas emissions by 760,000 tonnes.
Thermal Energy’s GEM steam traps and FLU-ACE heat recovery technologies have wide applications in the food and beverage industry. From breweries and bottling operations, to food processing, packaging, and other food and beverage operations, we can help you reduce your energy costs while lowering your greenhouse gas emissions.
Our venturi orifice designed GEM steam traps, with their 100% stainless construction, are ideal for the food and beverage industry. With no moving parts, our traps do not fail like traditional, mechanical steam traps do. In fact, we offer a ten-year “no fail” performance warranty, which means increased reliability and less maintenance costs.
Our FLU-ACE heat recovery technology provides ideal solutions for recovering waste heat from dryers and boilers. The recovered waste heat can then be used to displace steam demand by heating process water, boiler makeup water and plant makeup air systems.
Autoclaves, CO2 vaporizers, evaporators, dryers, CIP systems, starch converters, heated tanks and line drainage.
- GEM steam traps reduce cereal plant's condensate temperature by 30%; payback of 6 months
- GEM steam traps reduce downtime and provide short term payback to coffee manufacturer
- Heat recovery system saves cereal manufacturer $500,000 a year
- Heat recovery project for bakery operation with payback of under 2 years
- Heat recovery system for branded foods manufacturer reduces greenhouse gas emissions by 1,750 tonnes annually
- Heat recovery system supplied as turn-key solution for Fortune 500 beverage company